Sunday, July 5, 2020

With Gratitude to All Gurus


Today is very auspicious and humbling day, the day of gratitude, thankfukness to all those who have played role in our lives as Gurus, taught us without sermonising, made us learn amicably and with empathy, created in us the zest for learning. 

I have been nostalgically and reveredly thinking of all those whom I owe whatever I have learnt through sanskaras, education, as under trainee, as subordinate officer and above all as recepient of whatever they could impart unto me. Its not an easy walk down the memory lane as it has been moistening my eyes, causing choking in the throat and making my head bow in respect and gratefulness. But for all those noble souls, parents, teachers, mentors and friends, officers in high echelons, I would not have learnt the lessons of life.

Parents taught by precept humility, importance of hard work, how to keep grace and dignity intact in struggle for survival and above all the need to let go and leave it to Alnighty the result of efforts. It was not just a few shlokas of Bhagwadgita or prayers of both Sanatan Dharma and Arya Samaj, it was the training to be independent and self reliant through education that they lay so much stress on to enable all seven daughters do and be what they themselves wished and aspired for. With great pride and humility, I feel blessed to have been the part of Pitaji and Ma's family. Not only that both of them led us from front, their elder daughters became beacon bearers for the younger ones. Neelam di was mentor for all of us and Mridu di trained us in basic manners and social behaviour. My salutations to them all.

What a blessedness it is to have been taught by teachers like Jamuna Behanji in Arya Putri Pathshala, Abohar and Mrs Satish Jasuja and Meenakshi didi, Madam Usha Kiran in Gopichand Arya Mahila College, Abohar or Dr DD Jyoti, Dr DK Saxena and Dr( Mrs) Pushpinder Syal in Dept of English, Panjab University, Chandigarh. Madam Pushpinder Syal not only made personal efforts to teach me Literary Criticism but also mentored me in Reiki which I got trained in further levels by Dr Hemant. I feel so grateful to God that He bestowed such kripa on me. 

At varied points of time so many awakened souls have guided me to sail through the tough terrains of life. Gurus are givers like the Sun that shines, brings and shows light of hope when the darkness envelops and despair sets in. Feel blessed to have been mentored by Acharya Mahamandleshwar Swami Avdheshanandji and Gita Maneeshi Swami Giananandji, Avdhoot Ababa Shuvanandji whose blessings are numerous and my gratitude ever scant in expression. 

My friends have always been my guide and guardian too ( even if they are younger to me in age!) From some I learnt the hard way but most of them have shown me how love and affection and respect can be the harbinger of peace of mind. They have valued me and borne with me despite all my whim wham and oddities of behavior and moods and work alcoholism. I feel richie rich and bow before their fortitude and patience to be with me even today when the age is waning and I continue to remain a difficult person to cope with, according to my own self perception. It is their own greatness and ability to guide that I feel their being with me as blessedness exquisite. Thanks is such a small word indeed.

In a Guru disciple relationship ,its the receptivity of the shishya which matters alongwith the feel of surrender one feels for the person from whom we learn. There may come times when we see the 'greatness flicker' but more important is what we have learnt and how much we have imbibed. We all have human follies and frailties but what we value as receivers enables us carve the path that our life takes. I feel it's very important to both forget and forgive and move on keeping intact the good and the positive as learnings. It's hard to imagine our life without the parents, teachers and mentors. But for them the Sun would not shine on us.

Salutations to Gurutatva that you all abound in. 




32 comments:

  1. Pranam mam. I learnt so.much from you and still learning. You are a constant source of inspiration for me. I salute all your teachers and mentors and I am sure they all are also very proud of you. Happy Guru Purnima mam. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pranam mam. I learnt so.much from you and still learning. You are a constant source of inspiration for me. I salute all your teachers and mentors and I am sure they all are also very proud of you. Happy Guru Purnima mam. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautuful blog, beautiful topic, by a beautiful person. Really, we are nothing without our Gurus n mentors n teachers. Learning by hard ways is hard... u have spoken ur heart n mine too. Lots lv n prayers for your health, happiness n long life my GURU, my GUIDE, my MENTOR dearest
    ❤️SUMEDHA❤️.
    Stay happy, healthy, safe n blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Namaskar mam, ur teachings n writings r a source of inspiration for me I salute to u feel proud that I have been ur shishya Happy guru Purnima mam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring and insightful blog..You are herself is power house of knowledge...Leant alot from you madam.
    Regards
    Rakesh Roushan

    ReplyDelete
  6. अपने गुरुजनों, माता पिता, मित्रों, सहयोगियों एवं सीनियर्स के प्रति इस लेख में, आपका कृतज्ञ भाव व्यक्त हुआ है। यही भाव आपको सामान्यजन से ऊपर उठाता है।🙏🌹🙏

    ReplyDelete
  7. आदरणीय मैडम जी प्रणाम,
    आप के विचारों की शुद्धता की शक्ति संगठन के निचले पायदानों पर अपना प्रभाव छोड़ रही है। पहले से कमजोर मनोबल में आपके विचार एक गुरू की भांति शक्ति प्रदान कर रहे हैं। इस शक्ति का वास्तविक भौतिक असर शायद अभी न दिखे परंतु मानसिक रूप से एक नयी ऊर्जा का संचार सभी में होना शुरू हुआ है। विभाग के शुद्धता सूनेपन में आप ने एक उर्जा संचार की है, आप कितने दिन हमारे विभाग में रहेंगे ये पता नहीं पर आप द्वारा ये नयी वैचारिक उर्जा किसी गुरु के आशिर्वाद के समान है,जिसकी कमी हम काफ़ी समय से अनुभव कर रहे थे।
    जो कि आपके जाने के बाद भी हमें शक्ति प्रदान करती रहेगी।

    आपका स्वास्थ्य सदैव उतम बना रहे इसी शुभकामना के साथ प्रणाम जी।

    आपके विभाग का एक कर्मचारी।


    ReplyDelete
  8. गुरु पूर्णिमा का यह पावन पर्व हमें अंधकार से प्रकाश की ओर ले जाने वाले समस्त सूर्य सम गुरुजनों के प्रति कृतज्ञता ज्ञापित करने का सुअवसर हमें हमारे ऋषियों से परिपाटियों के चलते प्राप्त हुआ है । गुरुभक्ति में आपकी श्रद्धा गुरुजनों के प्रति आपका सद्भाव स्वयमेव एक पथ प्रदर्शक के रूप में सर्व विख्यात है ।
    आपका छोटा भाई होने के नाते आपसे भी बहुत कुछ सीखा है । पूज्य गुरुकृपा सदा आप पर बनी रहे यही मंगलकामना करता हूँ ।
    चन्दर

    ReplyDelete
  9. High percentage of people want to be guru directly, they treat themselves super, no one wants to follow the instructions of their parents and teachers, they want to teach without knowledge never want to learn. We lost the sencierity and regards towards elders, parents and teachers,which is very dangerous for the families and society as well.
    Mam in such circumstances this write up will certainly enlighten the youth.you are great mam.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Namah shivay. Vichaaro ki abhivyakti ko shresthtam tareeke se darshaya. Aapke dwara kiya gya maargdarshan iss yatra me kaam aaega. Uske liye aabhaar. Jai gurudev!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We can never move ahead without a Guru. Wonderful thoughts. Amazing
    We are blessed we have you as a mentor.
    Thanks for every thing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really impressed to read your blog on this auspicious occasion of Guru Purnima,I would like to share my own views with the hope that they fit into your standard of liking. A Guru is instrumental in shaping one's life in various forms to make one a perfect and successful human person but Sadguru or simply known as Satguru showers upon disciples seven no of gurs (formulas). They are elemination of Calm,Krodh,Lobh,Moh and Ahankaar. In addition to this The Sadguru blesses the disciple with Bhakti and Shakti. Practising these gurs the shishya can attain Mukti.Om... Graaam Greeem Grroum Sehh... Guruvay Namaha.
    Renu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Respected ma'am. Really honored to have you as my mentor . I have learned a lot from you . You have always guided us to the right path . Thankyou for everything . Your blog is definitely a wonderful one and a unique one . Wonderfully written by you .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your words of gratitude, humility and sensitivity reaffirms our faith in humanity and its goodness.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  15. गुरु गोबिंद दोउ खड़े , काके लागूं पाय,
    बलिहारी गुरु आपनो, जिन गोबिंद दियो मिलाय ।

    किसी से कुछ सीखने के लिए उनका गुरु होना ही अवशयस्क नही है। जैसा कि आपने अनुपम तरीके से व्यक्त किया है कि माता ,पिता, बहन,भाई ईत्यादि जिनसे भी कोई संस्कार सीखे जाए वो भी गुरु ही है तो इसी कड़ी में मेरे एक गुरु आप भी रहे हैं जिनसे व्यवहार में सौम्यता, कार्य मे दृढ़ता, अपनापन, प्रबंधन , लगन इत्यादि अनेको गुन सीखने को मिले हैं।

    अभिव्यक्ति में आप उन बुलन्दियों पर है जिसके आस पास आने भी मेरे लिए संभव नही है, किन्तु मेरे अनुसार किसी के प्रति सम्मान अभिव्यक्ति का विषय न होकर अंतर्मन का विषय है। मैं आपके प्रति सम्मान शब्दो मे भले न अभिव्यक्त कर पाऊ, परन्तु व्यवहारिक तौर पर आप उस सम्मान को हमेशा महसूस करेंगे।
    आपसे बहुत कुछ सीखा भी है और सीखना भी है, उम्मीद है कि आपका प्यार और आशिर्वाद मुझ पर यू ही बना रहेगा।

    ReplyDelete
  16. Namaskar mam ,I really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sumeda ji, as always ur blog v well conveys d need nd importance of true gurus , may it b in form of parents , spiritual leaders, our elders or friends , its for us to look up to them nd imbibe d virtues!!! 👌💐


    elders or friiends!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for being my mentor.Aapko mera shat Shat Naman on this auspicious day of Guru Purnima. Your every blog show that you are a store of knowledge.You describe ur thoughts very clearly and impressively.you can be an inspiration to anyone. I feel blessed when ever I think You have been my mentor.Thanks for being my teacher . Regards

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Respected Mam,this wonderful blog of yours made me go back in the memory lane and remember as many as people ,who at some point have acted as a teacher to me ,knowingly or unknowingly, and as I write here I bow my head in gratitude and respect to all those people who taught me one thing or other in the course of this life .I also thank you for bringing back the nostalgia to me and for being a teacher through this blog.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  22. Inspiring and humble thoughts well embedded in such great words. I am amazed to read your blogs. Enlighten us to be on the right path under the guidance of our Soul gurus and help us grow spiritually. Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. बहन जी गुरु पूर्णिमा की बहुत बहुत बधाइयाँ
    गुरु पूर्णिमा का यह पावन पर्व हमें अंधकार से प्रकाश की ओर ले जाने वाले समस्त सूर्य समान गुरुजनों के प्रति कृतज्ञता ज्ञापित करने का सुअवसर हमें हमारे ऋषियों से परिपाटियों के चलते प्राप्त हुआ है । गुरुभक्ति में हमेशा बहन जी आपकी श्रद्धा गुरुजनों के प्रति आपका प्यार व सद्भाव स्वयमेव एक पथ प्रदर्शक के रूप में सर्व विख्यात है ।
    आपका छोटा भाई होने के नाते आपसे भी बहुत कुछ सीखा है । पूज्य गुरुकृपा सदा आप पर बनी रहे आप स्वस्थ, सुरक्षित, सम्मानित व प्रसन्न रहे यही मंगलकामना करता हूँ ।
    कुलवंत सिंह कारगवाल

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ma’am your blog is full of gratitude and on this auspicious ocassion of Gurupurnima, we all bow to Gurutatva, which makes us live and full of energy.i am always amazed the way you write your thoughts in words. There is so much to learn from you always. lots of blessings and love, i am also blessed to have you in my life..thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Parnam madam,when ever we met, I always found you full of life.There is so much to learn from you always.I feel blessed to have you in my life
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  26. Respected Sumedha Jee,Parnam!I feel enthralled to know that our generation has still the highest respect for our teachers and gurus.I also remember revered Jamuna Bahan Jee and Meenakshi Jee for their dedication and love for their pupils.I pray the Almighty the goodsesense prevails amongst the younger generation to respect their parents and teachers. All salutes to your Unparalleled writing skills. Please keep it up. God bless you always. Sincerest Regards

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such alive way to express gratitude....supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning. These are really inspiring words and its true everyone is guru to whom you learn something. When u were in panipat , u tought so many things to us and to public panipat as well. U r really a great leader. We miss your presence

    ReplyDelete
  29. Much gratitude from the ones whose lives you have touched. I am fortunate to have you as my friend. You have been the Shri Krishna to my Arjun, my saarthi, sakha, guru all rolled into one. Thank you my dear for being a co partner in this journey called life 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Sumedha ji, You are not only the Masterof writing skill but also have the Super Quality of everlasting dwelling effect in the hearts n minds of the people; with ur valuable thoughts,emotions,experience,guidance n gratitude.After reading ur blogs,we r enlightened in many respects.Your thus wonderful blog made me go back in the past memory lane n remember of Madam Dr. Pushpinder Syal ji in Panjab Univ. Chandigarh.On this auspicious Guru Purnima Day,I bow my head before my parents all Gurus and thank all my friends n others who taught me lessons to live life.But..But...But....The All Round Gurutav that u imbibe and which is next to impossible to find in any other.....I always feel motivated n blessed to have this Guru ( you )in my life and that too at this age and stage. You are always Full of Life n by The Grace of Almighty --Always Stay Blessed.Regards

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Sumedha ji, You are not only the Masterof writing skill but also have the Super Quality of everlasting dwelling effect in the hearts n minds of the people; with ur valuable thoughts,emotions,experience,guidance n gratitude.After reading ur blogs,we r enlightened in many respects.Your thus wonderful blog made me go back in the past memory lane n remember of Madam Dr. Pushpinder Syal ji in Panjab Univ. Chandigarh.On this auspicious Guru Purnima Day,I bow my head before my parents all Gurus and thank all my friends n others who taught me lessons to live life.But..But...But....The All Round Gurutav that u imbibe and which is next to impossible to find in any other.....I always feel motivated n blessed to have this Guru ( you )in my life and that too at this age and stage. You are always Full of Life n by The Grace of Almighty --Always Stay Blessed.Regards

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amazing outpouring of gratitude from the inner most core of your heart and soul. I have no words to extol your writing or verbal communication skills whether its poetry or prose.My dear Sumedha you r an incredibly accomplished and Truely literate soul and an overwhelming source of inspiration to whoever you are connected with. I am highly grateful to Almighty to provide me the opportunity to know the humane side of your multidimensional persona. May you be blessed with lots and lots more. Stay happy and healthy always.

    ReplyDelete