Saturday, August 15, 2020

I Am Free

Being free is such a great feel..no bondages, no slavery having freedom to do all that you want to do, all that you want to be, the way you want to grow, the way you want to lead your life. Sounds awesome, isn't it?

We were brought up in the family environment that imbibed in us the zest to enjoy and feel free, a phenomenon rare in normal parlance upbringing of girls in the 1960s. Outdoor activities, sports, participation in debates and symposia provided enabling environment, gave wings to enjoy the feeling the freedom. Getting into teaching after the PG furthered it with financial freedom.

I have always been considered a free bird, fortunate not to have bonded myself in shaadi ka bandhan, having prestigious job assignment , earning handsome pay package and with no responsibility of children or family, can go anywhere I like without having to ask for permission, do whatever I like to do with my freedom!! And also that I am born with penchant for 'free will' and make choices I have loved to make without owing answerability to a n y o n e in the world.

All this is really really true, I confess. I am blessed to feel free, enjoy my independent life and also asserted a lot of free will. At work place I have wanted to do things my kind of way and also succeeded in doing so most of the time under mentorship of benevolent bosses. At home front, have enjoyed all the freedom as a member of the family that has not really interfered in any of my decisions related to my personal life. They have let me be and enjoy life the way I want without any binding whatsoever from their side.

So I have ventured to lead life in pursuit of happiness with full sense of freedom. Aah...it has been such a fine journey full of joy, satisfaction, blessedness ...pure kripa , the gracious grace of Almighty to have given me such fantastic opportunity as His chosen child.

At very personal level there has always been a lurking fear. Its like a journey of a proverbial little girl afraid who often dreamt of drowning and would lay awake watching stars fearing repetition of such dreams till sleep overtook. As an adolescent the fear of rejection was so prominent that blocked my expression and made me hyper susceptible to any painful impression. I learnt swimming, did Scooba diving to prove to myself I was not afraid of water. In the waning years, I am wondering whether the freedom I enjoy is not eclipsed so often by the fear factor. It is. I have not got this- the freedom from fear.

Freedom is precious, comes with a price. Perhaps fear is that price in my case. I am afraid of rejection, of hurting someone, of causing a pain. My fears of hurts and bruises on the psyche have always proven true. The way we grow up, our feelings get nurtured, evolve impact the behavioral actions and patterns. Root cause of fear is only one- attachment. May be its the losing of my freedom that I am afraid of. The tools of jap, paath, healing alternatives provide me with ways and means to protect but have not evaporated the fear.

In this journey called life I am a seeker of freedom from fear. And the search is on.



18 comments:

  1. Amazing journey...so pleasing to read and motivated to make a difference following in your footsteps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mam you are truly blessed. Not many people especially women get this kind of freedom. You have earned so much love and respect from all of us. May you live free and happy forever. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mam you are truly blessed. Not many people especially women get this kind of freedom. You have earned so much love and respect from all of us. May you live free and happy forever. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anitaji. I always look forward to your observations. Regards

      Delete
  4. Amazing post.Truthfully you have enumerated it.Freedom is certainly a devi gun.Fear is necessary for our growth.As Gurudev says, fear should be like salt in food.Pinch of it is okay. God is on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ma'am, such a wonderful and unique journey striving to know and connect with inner self!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ma'am there are very few people who have the guts to share their life with people in such a transparent way.i love your honesty and wish you get the freedom soon and attaiin the state of love and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How one cam write heart? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ma am u surely are blessed.....n stay blessed always regards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this thought-provoking post, Ma'am! We love freedom, but we have to pay the price also. Ther is a candid confession towards the end, but it manifests another powerful side of your personality!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blogs are not only inspiring but also thought provoking. I am always pushed to look deeper inside. Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mam my sixth sense says your search will end with Shree Guru Granth Sahib...Shabd Guru means to understand what message has been created by them for us, means we have to understand what message Kabir Sahab and all saints want to convey.... His Holiness Gurus have key to create fearlessness which made them cragiuous to say to Cruel Babar, you are wrong, keeping eyes in his eyes and finger out him when he assumed to be most powerful person on this Earth. Guru Sahab said "je tanu Ishq khedan da chaav sir dhar thali gali mori aao"
    Nir Bho Nir wair
    Who is fearless
    Who has no enemity with in
    Kabeer sahab has solution of all problems.
    Mam the way you explained freedom you enjoyed in your life is inspirational. You have contentment for life you led its a achievement. I congratulate you for this contentment.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mam my sixth sense says your search will end with Shree Guru Granth Sahib...Shabd Guru means to understand what message has been created by them for us, means we have to understand what message Kabir Sahab and all saints want to convey.... His Holiness Gurus have key to create fearlessness which made them cragiuous to say to Cruel Babar, you are wrong, keeping eyes in his eyes and finger out him when he assumed to be most powerful person on this Earth. Guru Sahab said "je tanu Ishq khedan da chaav sir dhar thali gali mori aao"
    Nir Bho Nir wair
    Who is fearless
    Who has no enemity with in
    Kabeer sahab has solution of all problems.
    Mam the way you explained freedom you enjoyed in your life is inspirational. You have contentment for life you led its a achievement. I congratulate you for this contentment.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete